Diving Movie: Komodo Flores Movie (Go Pro3).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swiss_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy fellow divers

Phew, finally. A month after returning from Komodo/Flores I've finally managed to edit my 2 hours of footage. Hope you like it and curious what you think of it :) Must say, the diving in Indonesia has been nothing but fantastic for my wife and me. On one dive we had more than 30 mantas around us! Of course, the 2nd half of the dive my battery had to go out, haha. Still some of it on camera, luckily.

YouTube Link (HD)

Diving in Indonesia Komodo Flores 2013. - YouTube

My 3rd movie, 1st one with my GoPro 3 Black.
Used a red filter from backscatter and no extra lights.
Editing has been done on Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 12.0.

Will write a full trip report once I get some time again.
Definitely worth to go diving in Komodo/Flores.

Cheers!

Also wanted to share my tips and would love to hear your take on this and whatever other secrets you discovered :)
Taken from my blog at: http://endgamediving.tumblr.com/

1. Gear: All you need is a GoPro, red filter and a pole. Who needs lights anyway?! Simplicity>Heavy stuff.
2. No Display: It will take some time to get used to shoot without an lcd display. The 1st few dives you will have a tendency to shoot too low, so make sure the camera faces up a bit more than you'd think is right.
3. Slow wins: The enemy of good footage are fast and shaky movements. If you move, do it slowly.
4. Nice N Easy: Make use of the one-button mode. Makes it so much easier.
5. The right mode: If you don't wanna do huge slow-motions, you do just five with 1080p and 30 FPS. Avoid protune and 4k etc as the footage gets just too big.
6. Saved!: Make sure you buy a fast micro sd card class 10.
7. Power, baby: If you dive a lot battery power might be an issue. If you wanna be safe, buy an extra battery with charger.
8. Power baby II: Disable sounds in the setting and have only 2 LEDs on so you save some power.
9. WTF?!: Unfortunately sometimes the GoPro will freeze during a dive (happened to me with latest firmware too). The red light is on but you can't restart it. Only thing that solves it is to take out the battery. No problem if you are on the boat but not so fun when you are mid-dive.
10. And last but not least: Have fun and try stuff. What I actually really got to like about the GoPro is that although you film, you still look at the amazing stuff through your own human eye and not a camera.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom