Bob (Great Lake Dive Questions)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings:
Hello I am new to this site. I live in Michigan but 95% of my dives have been in warm water in the Flordia Keys and the Caribian. I just starterd (2) diving the Great Lakes and am going to be up in Mackinaw and want to dive the Straits. Can anyone recommend a dive shop or charter with phone number & contact? I will be looking to dive August 24, 25th or 26th.

Sincerely,
Bon

Bob Pegrum:
Greetings:
Hello I am new to this site. I live in Michigan but 95% of my dives have been in warm water in the Flordia Keys and the Caribian. I just starterd (2) diving the Great Lakes and am going to be up in Mackinaw and want to dive the Straits. Can anyone recommend a dive shop or charter with phone number & contact? I will be looking to dive August 24, 25th or 26th.

Sincerely,
Bon

I just got back from the straits last night. I live within two hours drive and we went up for the day. We did 4 dives and were home by 10:00 pm. Dove the Eber Ward, Sandusky, and two dives on the Cedarville. The Charter I always use is Straits scuba. They have the only compressor up there and are great people to work with. Larry McElroy and Larry Saunders run it. The Rec Diver is a great boat to dive from. I can't remember thier phone number, but they have a web site. They would be my first choice. Abyss is the other charter located up there. Both are on the St. Ignance side.
Hope that helps.

Bob Pegrum:
Greetings:

Sincerely,
Bon
Welcome Bob to the board,make it down to the Greatlakes wrecking crew site,but I will second straits scuba as a good choice,Man I love Florida dives too,but we got the best wrecks around!
Dive safe,
Brad
A local wreck of Portwashington Wisc,Pic by Swimjim
Northerner_Schooner.jpg

dab:
I just got back from the straits last night. I live within two hours drive and we went up for the day. We did 4 dives and were home by 10:00 pm. Dove the Eber Ward, Sandusky, and two dives on the Cedarville. The Charter I always use is Straits scuba. They have the only compressor up there and are great people to work with. Larry McElroy and Larry Saunders run it. The Rec Diver is a great boat to dive from. I can't remember thier phone number, but they have a web site. They would be my first choice. Abyss is the other charter located up there. Both are on the St. Ignance side.
Hope that helps.

Thank you very much. It is certainly harder finding a good dive boat/scuba shop on the Great Lakes than it is in the Key's. I have heard of these folks you mentioned as well. I'll give them a call.

KEEP ON DIVING
Bob :wink:

Have you posted on your local dive club forum here...??

I'm on Utila Island this week, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome our new members. :D

:biggrinba don

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom