WSQ or Gilboa Friday and/or Saturday (8/26-8/27)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Bix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Diving White Star Quarry or Gilboa on Friday starting early and staying until we are all dived out. We will decide which when we know who is available on Friday. My wife is only good for one or two dives so I may need to try to find a buddy or two. Also planning White Star early Saturday for a couple dives with my little bro. C'mon out and join us!!

Hey Tim thinking about Sunday at Gilboa but that probably does not help does it.
Sorry brother have to take it easy for a few weekends to keep home front in balance.
Hope your dives go well.

CamG

I'm looking at Gilboa Sunday as well.

Sunday is still open but it will have to be early. At this point our plans are to dive Gilboa early Friday and as long as we can find dive buddies. Then early Saturday for only a couple of dives at White Star with my little bro and whoever else will join us. Wife's class re-union Saturday afternoon/evening. Then find some diving on the way back west either Gilboa or France park. Gilboa sounds like a go for me but as I want to keep her interested I need to make sure she has a say in where we dive!

If you're still in need of a dive buddy, it looks like I can get away tomorrow(Friday). Would love to hit up either WSQ or Gilboa.

Andy

We will be at Gilboa as somewhere near opening time tomorrow and White Star on Saturday again as soon as gates open. The plan for Gilboa tomorrow is to dive a couple of dives with my wife and then a bunch of folks from Ohio Quarry Divers until we are all dived out or until my wife says she's bored of sitting around listening to us lie about our amazing feats of diving and other heroics! THen as her class re-union is Saturday and closer to WSQ We will be there as soon as the gates open and only make two oe three dives...... Look for a white Ford diesel van with Illinois plates and introduce yourself we'd be happy to dive with any and all....... well most anyway ( exclude those that think they already know everything..... They prolly don't want to dive with us anyhow)

Hey guys, I was thinking if going to either white star or Gilboa in a few weeks, never been to either one. Just wondering which one would you recommend. Also are there motels nearby to either of them?

I personally like White Star better. Gilboa is nice but I just have not been there as many times as White Star. Not sure about hotels at Gilboa. There is one close to White Star. Both have camping if you like to camp.

Back
Top Bottom