diving in cayo coco cuba??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwayner

New
Reaction score
Hi there:
We're heading to Cayo Coco Cuba in march or so, and wondered about diving info there. Dive shops, equipment rentals, sea life etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am an experienced Padi diver, and love a challenge in the water....the more exotic sea life the better.

Welcome to the board!

You might check out the caribean section.

Joe

Hi There Dwayner,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Well, I've got a trip planned up to Cuba in February (Isla da Juventud) and so I have just started researching.
The general opinion I got from everybody I talked to was that I should take all my own gear and my save-a-dive kit as available rental gear is extremely variable from non-existant to tolerable.
This is no problem as my wife and I are both fully equipped including safety gear and I normally take in the dive-bag, a spare fin strap, spare mask strap, spare spg, spare 2nd stage, o-rings, spare bulbs for the dive lights etc.
I also just bought myself a cheap 3mm full coverage wetsuit for this trip, because of the water temperatures around 26C. Normally I dive in much colder water (using 5mm plus full coverage) or much warmer (using 3mm shorty or lycra skin).
The real doubt I have at the moment is what to take in the way of cash. Apparently credit cards are not widely accepted and US$ are now complicated due to the recent laws in Cuba, so it looks like it has to be Euro notes.
Sea life should be typical Caribbean with some spectacular coral formations at depth (40 - 50m).

PS. I just remembered. Everybody warned me against excess weight for baggage. Apparently they regularly apply this when travelling back from Cuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom