Shore Diving on Grand Turk... experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chasanova

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen varying and limited discussion of shore diving on Grand Turk. Curios for soem first had reports?
Ease of access?
What sites are best?
Osprey advertises unlimted shore dives off their beach, is there anything to see?
Thanks for your coments.
Chas

Shore dives are theoretically doable but it's a fairly long kick out to the drop-off. In contrast, most of the dive sites are a very short boat ride away. Most of the boats will pick you up from the beach in front of the Osprey. If you did want to shore dive from there you'd still need to get tanks from one of the shops since Osprey does not have its own dive operation.

The reason for wanting to shore dive there is fairly simple, I have some new photo gear that I want to get a better sense of its performance and don't want to "waste" the expense of the boat dive while doing this.

I'm hoping there may be some accessible coral heads to do some macro shooting in well lit shallows as well, again without incurring the additional expense of a boat dive while wanting to fool around.

guidance on other sites around the island?

Hi chasanova,

You'll be diving along west side of the island and the wall pulls closest to the shore down south, around the area of the old dock and old Arawak Inn. The Governor's Beach dive site is probably the easiest to swim to and a good place for photos. You'll need to drive or get a ride there, but it's not far from the Osprey Beach Resort.

The wall is a substantial fin if you go straight out from the Osprey, but it can be done.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom