Dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone!

I've been out diving the last two days. It was work-related diving (benthic surveys) out of Tarpon Springs. There are some really nice ledges out there. Decent coral growth and other invertebrates, as well as fish. A turtle was sighted yesterday and we suspect a shark too, but only saw it (a big, moving object) from the boat. Lots of bottom fish, hogfish, amberjack, etc. Temp was 75, vis was about 20-30 feet, fairly strong current, and the seas were mild (oh, so much to my liking!). Other than the 12 hour work day yesterday, it was 2 really nice days of diving.

Bring on the weekend!

HAH!!! 12 hours doing a working dive beats the you know what out of 8 hours at TIA fixing runways.

Front coming through tonight hopefully will not affect the weekend.

So true! I'm not complaining ... just makes one happy tired! :wink:

Good to see the Gulf clearing up and life returning. The winter is here and I'm going to start getting back out in some salt.

The area we surveyed off Tarpon looked better than the area off Treasure Island. It'll be interesting to see any changes as we continue to monitor.

The water is cooler, but vis is getting better. I'd like to get out a few more times before it gets too chilly. Going out on my b-day 10 Nov. would be very cool, but we don't have a work dive scheduled. Anyone going out that day? If so, want company?

OD-
Myself and a few buddies are thinking about going about that friday - weather permitting - to the veterans reef. any thoughts?

jokerswild:
OD-
Myself and a few buddies are thinking about going about that friday - weather permitting - to the veterans reef. any thoughts?

Sounds like a good possibility. Private or charter? Out of which marina? And would there be room for my dive buddy as well? Thanks!

Well its a private boat, unfortunately we are maxed out with 4 divers and a BW. I thought you might have access to a private boat with the possibility of following out. Sorry for any misunderstandings. We're still planning on going though, if anyone else with a boat is interested, maybe we can get a group of boats/divers out there.
Out!

Oceandvr:
Hi Everyone!

I've been out diving the last two days. It was work-related diving (benthic surveys) out of Tarpon Springs. There are some really nice ledges out there. Decent coral growth and other invertebrates, as well as fish. A turtle was sighted yesterday and we suspect a shark too, but only saw it (a big, moving object) from the boat. Lots of bottom fish, hogfish, amberjack, etc. Temp was 75, vis was about 20-30 feet, fairly strong current, and the seas were mild (oh, so much to my liking!). Other than the 12 hour work day yesterday, it was 2 really nice days of diving.

Bring on the weekend!

You'd be my new best friend if I found numbers to those places in my PM inbox! :D :D

jokerswild:
Well its a private boat, unfortunately we are maxed out with 4 divers and a BW. I thought you might have access to a private boat with the possibility of following out. Sorry for any misunderstandings. We're still planning on going though, if anyone else with a boat is interested, maybe we can get a group of boats/divers out there.
Out!

Wish I had a boat to follow you guys out! It'd be cool if we could get a group together for next Friday (weather permitting). Anyone else on the board interested?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom