Need dive buddy for monday - wednesday 11/13 - 11/15 [Tampa area or springs]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA-Do!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I suddenly find that I am in need of a dive buddy or two or three for next monday, tuesday, and wednesday. Until tuesday I had a dive buddy for my planned trip. Now I have to find places where I can dive. I am staying in the Tampa area monday - wednesday, 11/13 - 11/15. I want to do some interesting and worthwhile diving without spending a lot money. I do a lot of shore diving in Southern California. I am a photographer and videographer, and want to capture images of wildlife. I am coming with all of my own equipment and will probably also have Nitrox tanks.

I wish I had more time to research my options, but this happened at the last minute. Wanna go diving during the week? Or can you make any good recommendations?

I am a PADI DM with 600 dives in 6 years. I have about 500 cold water dives, and at least 350 deep dives. I dive anywhere between 2 - 5 diver per week, almost year round. My last dive was last night in 55 degree waters on Nitrox.

SCUBA-Do!:
Well I suddenly find that I am in need of a dive buddy or two or three for next monday, tuesday, and wednesday. Until tuesday I had a dive buddy for my planned trip. Now I have to find places where I can dive. I am staying in the Tampa area monday - wednesday, 11/13 - 11/15. I want to do some interesting and worthwhile diving without spending a lot money. I do a lot of shore diving in Southern California. I am a photographer and videographer, and want to capture images of wildlife. I am coming with all of my own equipment and will probably also have Nitrox tanks.

I wish I had more time to research my options, but this happened at the last minute. Wanna go diving during the week? Or can you make any good recommendations?

I am a PADI DM with 600 dives in 6 years. I have about 500 cold water dives, and at least 350 deep dives. I dive anywhere between 2 - 5 diver per week, almost year round. My last dive was last night in 55 degree waters on Nitrox.

Normally I could go out with you no problem; however, next week I am having a lil surgery on my hand. Bummer because you sound like someone I would really enjoy diving with.

Just so you know there is no shore diving around here, unless you go to Venice Beach for shark's teeth. Lots of people like to go out there, so you may have some luck finding someone. Otherwise, you will have to see if someone with a private boat is heading out or go with a charter. If you choose the latter I recommend the following: Narcosis Dive Charters (a lil pricey but worth it), SeaFox and Captain Herman, and Tanks-a-lot with Captain Ben (727-639-3474). If it is wildlife you really want then your best bet would be saltwater w/ a private or charter boat. You aren't going to get wildlife at Venice. Now if you want manatees they are in the spring. I believe I was told Crystal River has some now.

As for the springs, check with eandiver. He is a fount of useful info when it comes to the springs. I will forward him this link so that he might respond. I know he can't dive, as he is working, but maybe we get some things narrowed down for you.

MissD is right. All three dive ops are good with Narcosis being the most expensive at $110 and Tanks-a lot at around $80 for a two tanker. I'm not sure what SeaFox charges. I've been out with Tanks-a-Lot many times and never had a less than perfect trip. The Sheridan, Table top, Clearwater Reef and Veterans reef will give you lots to photo. If the weather is good you are fine if not here are other options.
Lots of ops at Crystal River for the manatees so google a search for manatee diving and contact one of them for current conditions and manatee populations. The deeper we go into winter the more manatees we get.
Those are the two best chances of getting videos and photos of wildlife.
The springs are a different type of dive but with an advantage of maintaining a year round temp of 68 to 72 degrees and the majority have almost unlimited visibility. Unfortunately the really good ones are a 2 to 3 hour drive away and the wildlife is in a much smaller scale. www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com will give you an idea of the more popular one with OW divers (and cavers) along with Blue Grotto and Devils Den. $30 to $40 for the whole day is the range.

Anyone else with info feel free to jump in....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom