Late Night run to Waikiki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well...get a call at 1900 from "Marty", stranded on his boat off Waikiki and needed some help. Said he needed some oil, boat won't start. So I call "Tim" to ride with me.
We only made 1 dive today because the wind is blowing 15 mph and the swells were about 5 ft., needless to say I was not looking foward to the 8 miles over to get him.
After running the 7 knots bumpy A.... ride, (I was planning just to take him into Ali Wie, which was 1 mile away) I give him his requested oil, nope, not the problem, well, I did not that it had a low oil cutoff! He ACTUALLY looks for a problem at that point and finds a broken wire on the Nuetral lockout of the ignition.
So here I am awake at 1130, at least I didn't have to tow him back.
Did I mention "Marty" is the Brainiac that dropped the Crown of thorns on my hand that ended up hospitalizing me 2 times????:shakehead

as one who's been towed in a time or two - glad to know Marty had someone who would come and get him back in safely :)

Funny but last time I got stranded was off Waikiki too ...

Note to self, avoid Marty.

You're a better man than I Jim... I would have gave him the number to Seatow.

Bah and here I was thinking you were going to announce a new wreck dive off of Waikiki.....you're a nice guy.

fishb0y:
You're a better man than I Jim... I would have gave him the number to Seatow.
fisboy, trust me, I would have except we don't have a tow service here on Oahu.....

Hey Jimbo, about the Crown of Thorns hospitalization, do you have areas of your hand that have no feeling due to the COT hit? I had one small COT spine in the tip of my finger 3 months ago and I still cannot feel the tip of my finger. (maybe I should have been wearing gloves HAHAHA) Seriously, is this something bad?

Could be a good thing at parties. "Watch me hit my finger with a hammer!"

No tow service? Hummmm....

dang jimmy!
you should've did a night-dive on the YO while you were there..
could've pulled a ton o bugs off of it =)
and.. maybe seen the tiger..
IMG_1544c.jpg

Scuba and Dream:
Bah and here I was thinking you were going to announce a new wreck dive off of Waikiki.....you're a nice guy.
or better yet.. could've just marked your gps..
then we would help s&d do a salvage dive.. presto! new boat for the new trailer!

mrjimboalaska:
fisboy, trust me, I would have except we don't have a tow service here on Oahu.....
I was thinking the same thing... That's not even his boat, is it?

As I said before... he's gonna hurt someone eventually (besides 'Mr. Claus').

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom