My Oahu Dives (videos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Hawai'i!

Just got back to California after spending a few days visiting the folks on Oahu (with the requisite morning dives). Of course, when on the islands, a little diving is an absolute must, and I thought I'd share some of the video I took!

I'm sure I got the names of these sites confused, but we had two drift dives at "Spitting Cave" and "Sea Cave." Interestingly, current was almost non-existant so we just picked a direction and kicked for each dive.
[youtubehq]WJ-b5qyjh2o[/youtubehq]

The second is the tried and true Corsair dive. I've done this a few times now, and it's always a lot of fun, despite the small size of the wreck. Something I didn't catch on video was a huge 5-6' fish (amberjack maybe?) shooting away from underneath the wing as we descended. Wish he stuck around!
[youtubehq]9jlZTlYiWAA[/youtubehq]

The highlight of my trip, my first shore dives on Oahu, hosted by Greg (kanonfodr) and Tim (kidspot) at Kahe Point and Makaha Beach. Thanks so much guys! Simply incredible shallow-water dives with great viz, tons of reef structure and marine life. It was also an experience to stretch an AL80 to 1 hour 30 minutes, the length of a typical doubles dive for me back in Monterey!
[youtubehq]9zYjKCcW67U[/youtubehq]

Glad you had fun on your trip and it was a pleasure diving with you (and Tim again!!) The videos are spectacular.

Give us a shout next time you are coming to town, hopefully the North Shore will be opened up.

Peace,
Greg

Nice Kenn! Thanks for sharing :)

My g/f and I are going to take a vacation after she gets certified (While wearing a drysuit) here LOL Most likely we are going to go to Hawaii (Over Florida as she can not travel out of the country easily, and she wants to see more of the US), and do shore diving with maybe a couple of boat dives. I have been to Maui and Kauai, so next on the island list...

Give us a shout next time you are coming to town, hopefully the North Shore will be opened up.

Awesome, I definitely want to check out North Shore next :)

My g/f and I are going to take a vacation after she gets certified (While wearing a drysuit) here LOL Most likely we are going to go to Hawaii (Over Florida as she can not travel out of the country easily, and she wants to see more of the US), and do shore diving with maybe a couple of boat dives. I have been to Maui and Kauai, so next on the island list...

I imagine there'd be some scoffing at drysuits in Hawaii, but I encountered two drysuits this trip, and if I could swing my drysuit without having to check bags, I'd do it in a heartbeat (yes, I'm a weenie when it comes to cold).

Another thing I forgot to mention, I saw a 6-pack heading out on Saturday, loaded to the gills with rebreathers - at least one Evolution and what looked from a distance like a Mk15! Is there a big RB community on Oahu?

One nice thing about the Fusion . . . I did all my Maui dives in February in it, and what a difference! Never wet again (on purpose).

Fun to see Tim on the video -- we miss him on Maui.

Is the first turtle being cleaned a GUE instructor? They're the ony ones who can hang that still in the water, right?

And where are the bunnies?????

Thanks, very cool. I'm going to Oahu, the Big Island and Maui this winter. The comments about exposure suits are depressing, I just bought a 5 mm suit because I figured my 3 mm would be too cold. Oh well. I hope I'll see turtles too!

Awesome as usual..Love that turtle cleaning station!:D

Thanks Kenn - I loved seeing the juvenile frogfish when I dove in Kauai.

(((kevin)))

And where are the bunnies?????

Too much dive video, not enough bunny time :) They'll be back for Sunday's dive though!

Thanks Kenn - I loved seeing the juvenile frogfish when I dove in Kauai.

(((kevin)))

Thanks Kevin! I recently received a correction that the little black fish is actually a leaf scorpionfish." Oops, it's always embarrassing to me to have such mistakes burned permanently into the video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom