Anyone going to be on Maui for Whale Day this year? Fun Event You Don't Want to Miss!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Hey Aloha Folks,

I'm just putting the feelers out there to see who will be on Maui during Whale Day this year. It's Saturday Feb. 15 right in the heart of Kihei. It's a Fun Filled Family Friendly Outdoor Event that features Live Music, Food Booths and a Craft Fair. The whole day kicks off with the World Whale Day Parade at 9 am that runs from Kamaole Beach 1 North to the Kihei Fire Station. I'm bringing MERMAIDS so I recommend you attend. By the way, I may have room for a few visiting Mermaids so if you'd like to participate with us please get in touch with me!

Here's a link to the web page for Pacific Whale Foundations announcement of all of the things they have planned for February and the days leading up to Whale Day. Lot's of cool things going on! Pacific Whale Foundation Announces 2014 Maui Whale Festival Events | pacificwhale.org

I hope to see a lot of you there!!

Aloha,

Shaka Doug

2012 Whale Day Parade MC (75).jpg

2012 Whale Day Parade MC (78).jpg

2012 Whale Day Parade MC (77).jpg

2012 Whale Day Parade MC (105).jpg

Gonna miss it this year. Fly into Maui on Sunday. My wife and Sister-in-law carried the banner at the front of the parade four years ago. Hoping to come next year earlier so I can attend.
It is always a cool day.

Will the Shaka bus be in the parade again this year?

Dennis

Hey, wow!

Will actually be there this year.

Looks good.

Yes Dennis, The SCUBABUS will be one of the Star Attractions in the parade.... well, the Mermaids it tows will be the Star Attraction is what I mean :D.

New news on the parade: World renowned Drummer and founding member of the band FLEETWOOD MAC, Mick Fleetwood, will be the parades' Grand Marshal! He will do an autograph signing later on in the day and will be performing onstage as well. Come on down and check it out!!

Looked good!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom