Whale Day is coming! Mermaids wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay!!! I saw the parade last year from work, it was AWESOME! Unfortunately I will be off island to greet my new niece who will be coming into the world! But you guys have fun and post pictures!

Last edited:
n1038890729_304420_6070.jpg

It's less than a week away. Who's in? Still have room for about 20! This is gonna be a mermaid blowout! Watch for the Parade of Whales LIVE on Streaming Video at my broadcast site: www.helloworld.com/shakadouglook for the antenna and click it. Then look for the On Air Now button. Show starts about 9:00 am.

This years theme is:

"Save the Whales - It's for our Children"

The parade lasts about an hour and goes from the Kihei Public Library to the south end of Kalama Park. There will be performers, bands, clubs, musicians, motorcycles, wild cars, clowns, you name it. Hope to see you there!

Whale Day 2009 has come and gone and it was a huge success for us. Lot's of fun, lot's of beautiful mermaids, even a merman or two was there! I'd like to say "Thank you to everyone who made it such a big hit!" We literally created a bubble blizzard in downtown Kihei. The wind was a our back and twenty bubble machines going all at once made quite a storm!! They knew we were coming ten minutes before we got there! Our group took First Place for the 8th straight year for 'Best Overall Float' in the parade. I'm very proud of and thankful for all my friends who worked hard right down to the last second getting ready in the blustery conditions. I couldn't have done it without them! Mahalo once again! Special thanks to Rigo of Shoreline Concrete for lending us his trailer again too! Also a big thanks goes to Jeff of Big Kahuna Adventures for giving us space and internet access for the broadcast.

A friend posted a video for me on YouTube. Unfortunately my camera people both had issues they were unable to deal with and I wasn't able to broadcast live video, only live audio so if you tried to log on and saw nothing, I apologize. We'll have that fixed for next year for sure.

Please enjoy this video shot by a friend of mine named Bret. Thanks Bret!

Definitely! Sorry, Shaka Doug...got called away to the mainland and missed it. DMJulie and I will definitely be volunteering for mermaid duty next year. Glad to hear it went well.

Definitely! Sorry, Shaka Doug...got called away to the mainland and missed it. DMJulie and I will definitely be volunteering for mermaid duty next year. Glad to hear it went well.

You were here and did not call to dive with me! I'm shocked!:wink:

Aloha, Sure wish I was there instead of rusting up here in Washington. It is the first one I've missed in 4 years and hope it is the last. How many mermaids did you end up with? We might have to get a bigger trailer or pull two next year.
Thanks for the great dive before I left last month. I just watched the awesome video that you made of the dive and can't wait to get back and blow some bubbles. Talk soon, Trevor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom