Video of Putin scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

Fun times (2011).

Just when you thought Vladimir Putin had done it all -- played hockey, crooned standards, flown planes and rode horses -- Russia's ever-ambitious prime minister has found a new realm to explore.
The premier now seems to be trying on Jacques Cousteau's legacy for size, traveling to the Taman Peninsula to go scuba diving at a submerged archaeological site known as the "Russian Atlantis."

As the state news agency RIA Novosti is reporting, Putin emerged from the water with two ancient ceramic containers which he claimed to have found at a depth of two meters. He then indicated he would discuss prospects of opening a museum at the site, where the ancient Greek city of Phanagoria once stood: "Mankind will be interested to learn that we have such riches. I believe people will come from all over the world."

from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/putin-scuba-diving-russia-atlantis-_n_924300.html

Reactions: DKL
bottom dweller

Suspiciously clean-looking artefacts and I thought archaeologists like to study items like that in-situ first to get their context rather than just hauling them off the bottom like that.

Did anyone check his c-card?

I bet he was wearing split fins :D

Did anyone notice that his LP primary reg hose in the middle has some quick release, it is silver metallic color. You can see it well at 1:21 in the video. His safety hose has a similar one but not as visible as on the black hose.

Back
Top Bottom