Manual focus option for Macro with Ikelite/Canon Rebel SL1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been looking into upgrading my current camera setup to the Ikelite / Canon SL1 combo. At first glance it seems like a great combo.

Based on the info I can find on the Iklelite SL1 setup, it appears that the optional macro flat-port only allows use of auto-focus. This seems like a pretty big limitation, no? I almost always need to use manual focus when shooting macro.

I currently have a Canon G9 / Ikelite housing, and when I shoot macro, I can manually focus using the dial on the back of the camera which works fine for me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually focus the SL1 camera while using the Ikelite flat-port or is it really limited to auto focus only? I'd be interested to hear how people are using this camera shooting macro and super macro.

Thanks.

Hi all.
I've been looking into upgrading my current camera setup to the Ikelite / Canon SL1 combo. At first glance it seems like a great combo.

Based on the info I can find on the Iklelite SL1 setup, it appears that the optional macro flat-port only allows use of auto-focus. This seems like a pretty big limitation, no? I almost always need to use manual focus when shooting macro.

I currently have a Canon G9 / Ikelite housing, and when I shoot macro, I can manually focus using the dial on the back of the camera which works fine for me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually focus the SL1 camera while using the Ikelite flat-port or is it really limited to auto focus only? I'd be interested to hear how people are using this camera shooting macro and super macro.

Thanks.

The flat port does not have any way to focus or zoom a lens.

Back
Top Bottom