Enough procrastinating....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zamfir

Registered
Reaction score
I've been meaning to make this introductory post since January, as well as other posts that are long overdue. I don't know if getting this one out of the way will open the floodgates, but I hope so.

I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing a wealth of information, even to those of us who just (mainly) lurk.

Quick intro... I took the PADI OW classroom/pool sessions here in NY in late January. OW cert dives in Phuket a couple of weeks later (thanks to Jamie at Sunrise Divers), and off to the Queen Scuba live-aboard for 4-5 days. Had a blast.... and yes, I'm one of those who did the AOW immediately after OW. But I should write up a trip report about that some time, since I've greatly enjoyed reading through many of the others.

I still haven't dove cold water, though I may try to hit the Portland quarry this coming weekend. I actually live in Danbury, so it's an easy drive for me. Going to be in Boca Raton the last weekend in July and if the weather cooperates I'll try to dive both days.

Hope to meet some of you diving,

--Todd

Welcome aboard..... Nice of you to come out of the lurking shadows.... :laughing: Come on down to Florida for some nice warm water, there's plenty of us Conchs down here to dive with..

I've found divers on SB generally have great attitudes!! The Conch's are over the top.

As FL is a hotbed of diving activity, check the Conch board for a number of opportunities when you will be down. Vicki maybe too modest to let you in on a secret, she is a DM on a great boat out of WPB. At least that is what I hear, I will hopefully have first hand experinece shortly if calm sea's permit.

This board offers a great way to meet other divers. To date I've hooked up with a number of divers in CO in all places, and have dives scheduled with a few Conchs while I'm down there.. awesome IMO.

BTW,check out the Conch calander, I've listed most of my dives there, and others do as well. IMO it's nice to be with divers on a boat that you are at least familiar with in *net* if not in real life. And after you dive with people once, the names become faces. It is a great way to get good poop on dive Ops. I've booked all my FL dives based on trip reports on this board, and I feel much more comfortable knowing that people I respect dive these OPS rather than just choosing blindly.

Enjoy diving, and be safe,

Now try another post. They get better....

PM me if I can help. don :bandit_2:

Hello and welcome.

Hi Todd and welcome to SB, and your first post didn't open up the flood gates...yet.
David

Back
Top Bottom