Diver on board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noaasark

Reaction score
Howdy from the south!

New to this web page, thanks to a coworker, and back down south, which I consider now to be "home." Originally from Michigan, I grew up the lakes and am quite a fish in the water. I'm an oceanographer and toxicologist by profession and training, and love what I do.

I love the outdoors, activities include camping, hiking, biking (100k races are the best), swimming, skiing x3 (Jackson Hole and Banff are next on my list), sailing, wind surfing and rock climbing are on the top of the list of "things to do."

Ok, now tell me, being in Louisiana/Texas, where are the best dive spots to go to offshore? (nobody tell me Florida is the closest?!?!) :jester:

welcome to the board, there is a forum in here, lots in there will help you:)

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board.

Chad

Welcome to the boards.

You are more than welcome to join us at Terrell. Let us know when you are going to be there and we will get a group together to go.

TwoBit

WELCOME, From a displaced Southern Boy!

Lived in Baton Rouge for about 5 yrs. Alot of good friends there,
I was just there in March. I go all the time. I'll stay in touch, maybe we can get together for a dive or two on my next trip.
Not alot of clear water diving in LA. .......Texas or Miss, Ala. Gulf coast is most likely your best bet for closeness. Although, if you shop in advance, Fla. can be a great deal, with clearer, calmer waters. Your so close, Even driving, you can be in the pan handle in a few hours, which I feel is worth it!
Take Care, and Happy Diving!:)

Thanks, all for the feedback. KZMAN and TwoBit, will take you up on your offers. Though I'm spontaneous, for a dive trip? Give me a bit of notice, deal?
:wink:

N.O. diving is spelled R-I-G-S...
I can't recommend any operators down there first hand as I've always been off private boats, but here's some you might try.

Harrys Dive Shop
4709 Airline
Metairie LA 70001
scuba3483@aol.com
Phone 504-888-4882
Fax 504-888-6525

Houma Watersports
5580 W. Main St.
Houma LA 70360
Phone 985-879-2900

Underwater Adventures Inc.
5555 Government