Watergill At-Pac Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiphias

Reaction score
I have just recently found a company with similar products. I used the at-pac while teaching in San Diego for San Diego Divers Supply and the NASDS College in the 1970's
I sold my at-pac in the 80's and suffered with separation anxiety until now. Those of you who wish to see a similar product should visit OMS.com

I'm still diving my at-pac. Replaced the bladder & the inflator hose a few years ago and just removed the jacket and converted it to a BP/W set up. I've added some D-rings since the pic was taken.

I looked into replacing it about 3 years ago (when the bladder went). The LDS said the hot set up was to go tech. I asked what that was when when they explained I realized that's what I had.

Added a pony bottle (x-mas present) and 7' hose this month.

I got my c-card at SDDS in '77. My instructor was Jim Baxter.

Welcome to the board!!

I was diving an At-Pac in the 70's as well (NASDS, Aloha Dive Shop, Reseda, CA, instructor Roddy Winton). When I started diving again a few years ago, I was very disappointed to see that most BC's were wrap-around jacket style.

But then I discovered the Back-Plate & Wing! Just like an At-Pac, except instead of the shot & Marble channel in the plastic plate for keeping the weight on your back, the backplate is made of heavy steel. Perfect!

I love it. It's both the latest thing and retro at the same time! And it dives as good an an At-Pac.

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Good to have you with us. :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome from another former AT-PAC/soon to be BP/W diver.

I've got the bladder, elastic cover and inflator hose from my old rig and was considering resurrecting it. I've decided against it because of the problems that the elastic bladder cover presents with manual inflation. Another factor is the internal LP hose that has the potential for uncontrolled inflation.

dherbman:
Welcome from another former AT-PAC/soon to be BP/W diver.

I've got the bladder, elastic cover and inflator hose from my old rig and was considering resurrecting it. I've decided against it because of the problems that the elastic bladder cover presents with manual inflation. Another factor is the internal LP hose that has the potential for uncontrolled inflation.

Both my daughter and I experienced failures of the internal hose. We replaced the airway with a conventional one.

BTW, there were versions of the At-Pac that didn't have the elastic bladder cover. I have a (1977) bicentennial edition in red, white, and blue.

Yeah, I had a failure too. Pretty exciting stuff at depth.

dherbman:
Yeah, I had a failure too. Pretty exciting stuff at depth.

My daughter's internal hose failure, unknown to me until I mentioned mine to her, occurred at depth early in her dive. She just spread-eagled to slow her ascent and rode it to the surfrace. Mine occurred on the surface at the end of a decom dive. We were both lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom