Heya From Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derat

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks, names Kelly (M/32)... been lurking here off and on for a while now... thinking of doing a trip to Roatan (possibly with Fantasy Island) with some friends in February and was planning and doing some reading here for research and ideas.

I have my AOW, Deep, Dry, Wreck and Nitrox from Padi... and I think one or two more but I'm brain farting at the moment. I have never been in warm water. 90% of my diving has been at altitude in cold mountain lakes, with the west coast of Britich Columbia being my only Ocean experience and the exception to the rule (altitude wise as its still pretty cold). Even though I took my Dry Suit Cert. I still prefer diving wet, which most of my buddies think is nutz. I can't wait too do warm water though, besides the abundance of life I should be good for a few hours without any thermal gear -lol.

Hi Kelly,

First of all welcome to SB!

If Fantasy Island is going to be your first warm water trip, you've picked a good place! I have been there 4 times now! The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Almost all have an ocean view! The dive shop is really good! They have knowledgeable DM's and really take the time to show you things!

Don't miss diving Mary's place or the wreck of the Prince Albert (which is just off the gazebo at Fantasy Island). Have a great trip - be safe!

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom