Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwlk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello from Ohio! A quick little bit about myself.

(At first I was just going to lurk around the forums for a while, but I really wanted the "It looks like you haven't made a post to SB yet..." banner to go away, so thought I'd make an introduction)

As I said, I'm from Ohio and I am going to start SCUBA classes this Sunday (11/30) down at The Scuba Shack (SSI) in Florence, KY. I'm really excited to get started. My girlfriend and I are going through lessons together after trying out one of the Shack's free SCUBA experience sessions. I had done an experience session on my own a few months back when I was living in California at Diver Dan's near San Jose/Sunnyvale.

Basically, scuba and flying planes are things that I have always wanted to do. I am about 22 hours into my private pilot license... what can I say... I guess I don't like to keep my feet on the ground (or money in my pocket for that matter)

I am a student at University of Cincinnati soon to be finishing up a degree in Computer Science. I once was a music major... French Horn. (everyone likes taking 6 years to get an undergrad, right?)

And really I think that's about it. I'll be posting in my blog (see my profile for links, haven't made ≥5 posts yet to include links in post) remarks from classes/experiences so feel free to check it out. See ya around!

Good afternoon,

Welcome to the sport. I was your Try Scuba instructor and was in the shop when you came back in over the weekend. If you can't tell, this is a sport that changes your outlook on life. I'd mentioned that we dive pretty much every weekend, especially once it starts warming up, so once you two are certified, we'd love to have you out with us. We do plenty of local diving and weekend trips.

John

Welcome to the board. I think that you like the folks at the Scuba Shack and I think you picked an excellent LDS.

Good Luck with your certification.

Hello Pwlk,

Welcome to the board! Have fun with your SCUBA Course!

You can put a url to your blog in your signature with out having 5 posts

Cheers

welcome aboard

Hello! Welcome to SB! You said you go to UC? I'm a freshman at Miami University, email if ya ever wanna go diving when it warms up a bit!

Back
Top Bottom