Hello from Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLoaf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, like the title says, I am from Tampa. I am new to diving and somewhat new to Tampa also. I am a student at USF by way of the GI bill. With that said, if anyone in the area wants to dive during the week, I have an open schedule. I am very interested in spearfishing but I havent bought a gun yet (all this gear is getting expensive!).

Hiya, I've heard great things about Florida diving, and there are many divers from Florida on this board.

I don't spearfish myself, but I'd suggest getting tons more experience to improve your buoyancy and comfort underwater before adding in the task-loading of a spear (or camera in my case). I've heard spearfishing while diving is essentially solo.

Keep diving!

I plan on it! If anyone knows a place to shore dive near St. Pete please let me know.

I dive the other coast so can not answer your question but if you post it in the regional section of this board [florida conch divers] thats where the florida drew hang you will get loads of great advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom