New girl on the block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ldixon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone
My name is Lynette and I have been diving since 2005 fairly new to it all. I am working on my Masters in psychology and traveled to the Philippines in 2009 to work in an orphanage and battered girls home. I decided to travel to Boracay for a few days to to some diving and just fell in love with the island met a lot of cool people extended my trip and the rest is history. I came home to tell my guy we were buying a dive shop!
He was a little shocked but supportive.
Anyone that would like to hear more can contact me about the place. I am actually here now till the 27th of June.
We live in SOCAL at the moment but from the south originally and I would love to get back in that area.

Diving has given me a lot to do with my life here. I am also working with a new orphanage in Kalibo Aklan doing a huge fund raiser to help it get off the ground while I am here for this visit it is called crosspoint ministries, a wonderful guy from the US is doing the project.

I am excited to meet new people via this board I am all new to this so any advise help or just a hello and welcome would be great.

Salamet,

Lynette

Hi Lynnette,

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I too fell in love with SE Asia Diving. It's spectacular! But-- so are your So Cali amazing channel island kelp forests ;-).

Welcome to SB, Lynette. I am planning to (finally) go to the Philippines this winter/spring to enjoy some warm water diving once our SoCal kelp forests start to chill!

Hi Lynette, that sounds so exciting! I'm from the South originally but live on the East Coast now. Good luck with your dive shop and thank you for supporting orphanages!

Hey Kathy
I have not been diving in Cali it is too cold for me ! But thanks and yes SE Asia is amazing. I am doing a log of all the different Nudibraches here in Boracay. But actually getting ready to head back home next week.

Lynette

---------- Post added ----------

Bill
I have not dived in Cali ..too cold for me. Well if you come to the Philippines look me up in Boracay. I am here every three months!

Lynette

Sheila
Thanks so much !!

Lynette

I guess I'm the new guy on the block then! Hello Lynette!

I do have some questions if you don't mind me asking!!! To you, or anyone else on here!

Where do you recommend me getting my regulators serviced in So Cal? I'm originally from Torrance, but working in Saudi Arabia right now...Need to get my regs serviced, but will not do it in this country...just don't feel good about it if I did...

Is there anywhere you, or anybody else can recommend? The closer to Torrance, the better!

Also, looking for a trip to Philippines within the next year! Hopefully you will have your shop up and running, and I will have to come say hi!

Thanks!

Wow- the thread title has a very different meaning in NZ!

Welcome to the board. The Philippines has so many good things going for it- and as you've seen for yourself, it faces so many hurdles. One day when I'm rich and successful, I hope to have a little shop there as well.

I love SE Asia but please don't rule So Cali diving out. Exposure protection is more expensive to feel comfortable, but once sorted out, the kelp is very magnificent. Drysuits have a learning curb, but eventually they are as natural to dive as wetsuits ;-). Plenty of Nudis off the California coast, and... you don't have playful sea lion encounters in the waters of SE Asia :)!

Hey Kathy
I have not been diving in Cali it is too cold for me ! But thanks and yes SE Asia is amazing. I am doing a log of all the different Nudibraches here in Boracay. But actually getting ready to head back home next week.

Lynette

Bill
I have not dived in Cali ..too cold for me. Well if you come to the Philippines look me up in Boracay. I am here every three months!

Lynette

Sheila
Thanks so much !!

Lynette

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Best of Luck.

If you live in SoCal you have a wonderful opportunity to dive the Ruby, the Yukon and the P38! I really enjoy going to SOCAL for those dives... And the water is so WARM (compared to the Monterey bay :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom