Hello from Cave Country, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Long time lurker :coffee:, but finally made an account, so I figure I might as well start participating!

I have been a certified OW diver for years now, mostly as a vacation diver (once in a blue moon), but recently I have been getting more and more into it. Got my advanced and nitrox and am looking to getting into cave diving (I am in one of the right places after all)... one step at a time though!

My interests in the diving world: I love coral... I dive reefs more for cool looking coral and anemone than fish, turtles, etc. That being said, I love cool rock formations too, so the caves in Yucatan have me drooling. Florida caves don't look nearly as pretty (a shame), but the idea of seeing how water has carved away stone for so many years to create these intricate underground passageways is still an awesome idea to me. I have an interest in wrecks too, but for the moment I will go after cave diving before wreck penetration. Sidemount diving sounds really awesome and I am poking around looking into getting my cave training done in that config (Edd at Cave Adventures had an awesome chat with me the other day on the phone and, due to what I have read of him and talking with him, I am definitely considering heading to him).

Also, I love the color red.:crafty:

Welcome! I love the Mexico caves but if you live near FL caves you are very very lucky. They are different from Mexico but IMHO no less beautiful. come down to FL just about every werkend from Atlanta - as TSandM would say, that cave bug bit me hard!!! :). Enjoy Edd, he is a great guy!!

Back
Top Bottom