Introduction from Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fsardone

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello there,
I am a long term diver (diving since I was 14 in 1980 ...)
I did not log dives for the initial 15 years, then all of the sudden I had to get certified, prove recent experience and ended up discovering that mainstream certification agencies taught less than I knew for issuing a c-card.... sad but necessary since law then (and also now) required(s) a c-card to dive with an operator and rent equipment (you can still buy without).

After that I continued diving at the AOWD level for the next 14 years and evolved to tech diver in 2003 (just deco and deep air up to 54 mt which is roughly 160'), gained experience and this year I went all out in full mixed gas diving. Not interested in pursuing DiveMaster or master diver of the sort (not a collector of C-cards).

My dives are mainly in the Med (did I mention I am in Italy ?) on wrecks. I do not like lakes (cold, dark, silty and sad) love night diving (within 50-100') no deep diving at night/dark on air.
I lived 3 years in UK (High Wycombe, Bucks) and 4 in US (1 Sacramento, CA 3 Norfolk, VA) but unfortunately I did not dive in either country too busy with young kids and (in US) flying GA aircrafts (did I mention I am a FAA licensed commercial pilot?).

This is pretty much it, I have two kids and they did discover scuba this summer and will go for OWD next.

Just joined ScubaBoard to share ideas with likeminded people but also to learn from others mistakes and share mine which in 33 years of active diving are many :eyebrow:

Look forward to exchange views.

Fabio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom