First time post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobie

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my my first post :eyebrow:

I just returned form my honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico. My wife and I took a 2 hr certification and went for a 1 tank dive . . . we were instantly addicted! We are starting our open water certification as soon as possible. We were taken by the beauty and peacefulness of the underwater world and plan to become active scuba-ist (is that a word?). We are looking forward to future dives and making scuba diving a part of our lives. We are hungry for knowledge and tips on scuba diving, training, techniques, etc...so feel free to email me with any advice you may have for a novice scuba diver.

Have a great day and happy diving!

Welcome to the SB! Glad you have found the underwater world. It is very addicting. I've been diving for over 12 yrs. and can't get enough. if you have any question don't be afraid to IM me or just ask. good luck and enjoy

Welcome to the sport and to ScubaBoard! Now all you have to do is take the Open Water course and come down to South Florida and join us for some clear, warm water diving. The diving here is similar to Cancun, without the Montezuma's Revenge.

If you get a moment, drop by the Florida Conch Divers' forum. We'd love to have you join us for a dive some time.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Hi, Scoobie, and welcome to ScubaBoard.

Your post conveys a lot of the excitement I feel whenever I dive, whether the water's cold and dim (here in the Northwest) or warm and clear. And I also find it peaceful, almost meditative at times.

It's also good to hear that you both found it enjoyable - having a compatible dive buddy is a big part of the puzzle. My advice is to find a friendly local dive shop (usually abbreviated here on SB as LDS) and ask about an open water certification course.

-Bryan

PS. Don't know about "scuba-ist." I usually just say "diver."

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll will be sure to keep you informed as our new scuba adventures unfold :wink:

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I got hooked on a Resort course, too - 200 dives and several thousand dollars ago...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Back
Top Bottom