Hiya!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScousePete

Reaction score
Greetings!!

I recently returned from Maui, where I did a basic one-day resort class. It was a great introduction to scuba, and now I think I am hooked :wink:

The bad news is that I live in Colorado :(

The good news is that I am going to Cozumel next month for a week :)

I plan on using this website quite often as I plan to complete my Open Water Course and start to buy equipment, etc.. One question I do have: Is it better to do the course locally or should I do everything when I get to Mexico? Also, what is a ballpark price I should pay for a PADI or similar OW course?

Thanks!

Heya and welcome to the Board!!! If it were me, I would take everything I could while at home instead of waiting until I was in Cozumel. Your going to want to do all the diving you can while your there, instead of being in a classroom. Good luck to you... Make sure to keep us updated on your progress. If you need anything, please feel free to let one of us know.

Best wishes,
Vickie

:dazzler1:

You should study locally and then do your checkout dives on your trip. It will be much more thorough to do it locally...

this place has the answers to all of your question., good luck !
:dazzler1:

ScousePete:
Greetings!!

I recently returned from Maui, where I did a basic one-day resort class. It was a great introduction to scuba, and now I think I am hooked :wink:

The bad news is that I live in Colorado :(

The good news is that I am going to Cozumel next month for a week :)

I plan on using this website quite often as I plan to complete my Open Water Course and start to buy equipment, etc.. One question I do have: Is it better to do the course locally or should I do everything when I get to Mexico? Also, what is a ballpark price I should pay for a PADI or similar OW course?

Thanks!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Pete!!
I´m fairly new to all this too,but everyone on here have been really kind and very helpful. Good Luck with the OW course, I´m with the others on doing it whilst your at home and then really enjoy everything in Cozumel.
Take care
natalie xxx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom