newbie with new equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hi. I was lurking around here about a year and a half ago when I first got certified and was going on a dive vacation. I haven't racked up a whole lot of dives (27) but decided to get my own equipment now that the good weather is coming. Diving is purely recreational for me, both warm and cold water... warm by preference but I have to fly far away for that :)

So here's what I got

Dive-Rite Transpac II w/ Weight Pouches
Dive-Rite Rec Wing
Atomic B2 Reg
Atomic SS1 Alternate
Sherwood Wisdom Computer
PST E7-80 Tank
Bare 7mm Arctic Wetsuit

I haven't really had a chance to try out my equipment yet, just in a pool so far. Hopefully it'll get a full workout this weekend or next.

Congrats on getting your own equipment. You'll enjoy diving much more with familiar gear.

Enjoy!

theskull

Welcome to the board, and I'll agree with the others that having your own gear makes diving a lot more enjoyable (and it pays for itself pretty fast too by avoiding all those rental fees :D )

Have a great time diving and sharing your experiences with the rest of us...

Aloha, Tim

Hi and welcome to SB.com!! :)

I enjoyed diving the St.Lawrence out of Brockville there last September, and am looking forward to coming back.

Anytime anyone mentions an equipment list to me, I like to suggest these three safety pieces - for about $25:
(a) A safety sausage;
(b) A really loud whistle - some are much better than others; and
(c) Two CDs glued back to back that could be used for mirror signaling.
I also carry a Dive Alert horn, and the first time I used it - I failed to hold my head underwater. I'll never forget again!! :silly:

:cowboy: don

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

Kewl setup...now go "drink, dive, or get out of the water!"...Bob the Fish

My name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to ScubaBoard!

Take care and Safe Diving. :butnhome: :dazzler1:

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

Thanks for the welcome. I was supposed to go out today but there wasn't enough people interested so the charter was cancelled :-(

Back
Top Bottom