Greetings from San Diego,CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

royo90

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Omar and i'm from San Diego, California. I've done a good bit of snorkelling and i wanted to try out some SCUBA diving so i plan on getting certified and renting some gear for a while to see if it's really my thing. I enjoy rigorous activities like hiking/backpacking, running (track and on trails), and the sort. Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

Hey Omar,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm a new diver from San Diego too. You need to meet the gang at ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > California Kelp Divers >SoCal.

There are a lot of experienced divers there who are willing to answer all your questions! Also, if you would like to meet some of them in person, they will be meeting at La Jolla Shores this Saturday for a monthly dive and BBQ, diving starting at 8 am and lunch at noon. You might stop by just to see and be seen. I have to go to a wedding that day or I would be there!

Good luck on your classes and we'll see you soon!

wetrat

Welcome to the board. There is nothing else that can compare to Scuba Diving.... Once you start.....it's over. You will be hooked for life....

ch0ppersrule:
welcome once you start diving you'll never stop. it is very addicting
Yes, that's true of a lot of us, but not everyone - so trying the certification and renting gear for a while is the way to go, I think. I did for my first trip, and it's a good way to try out gear.

As an experienced snorkeler, tho, it may be a natural transition, as it was for me. Your background will help with wearing & clearing a mask, breathing thru a reg, etc - which occasionally bothers some newbies...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Only being 15, i'd get the nice gear if i could, but my age and 0 income restricts that possibility :)

Hello royo90,
:yl2jump: Welcome to ScubaBoard! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here. There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care and Happy Diving. Matt. :snorkels:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom