Hello, From Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justagirl992

Reaction score
Hi, New to the boards, just signed up. I recently became an Open Water Diver. I did my open water dives in Aruba. The water was just gorgeous and so was everything in it! I plan to advance myself in diving as I love the ocean. I'm looking for local dive trips or dive charters nearby. I've only got the basic gear but I plan to atleast get my own wet suit. When the Georgia Aquarium opens up here, I'm going to be a volunteer (going through training now) and get into their dive program. I beleive the Underwater world is just amazing and diving is one of the best things I've ever done in my life.

Justa . . .
Keep an eye out for a new sub-forum coming up, the "Lake Lanier Looney Birds".

There are usually some of us diving up at Lanier every weekend.

You'll usually see us posted in the "Deep Dixie Divers" forum.

And . . . .

WELCOME TO THE SCUBA BOARD !!!!!!

the Kraken

welcome aboard

Aruba, huh? you've been spoiled :wink:

Andy's right - after Aruba the lovely brown-tinted waters of Lake Lanier will leave you feeling, well, like you want to get back to Aruba! :D

But the bright spot is that you're only a few hours from Ginnie Springs, in Florida, and the drive is such that you could make it a camping weekend and have some better vis on your dives! :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and hope you enjoy the place.

Dive safe,

Doc

I guess I was alittle spoiled getting to do my first real dive in Aruba. Aruba has the largest shipwreck in the Carribean called the Antilla. That was my first dive, I was pretty nervous so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked to... The place I did my classes had a dive at Lake Lanier but I was thinking that the ocean would be a lot better and getting to dive in paradise would be a better choice since my family was getting ready to take a vacation there...As far as going to South FL, that could be an option. Are there charters there? What is the name of the company you dive with?

justagirl992:
Hi, New to the boards, just signed up. I recently became an Open Water Diver. I did my open water dives in Aruba. The water was just gorgeous and so was everything in it! I plan to advance myself in diving as I love the ocean. I'm looking for local dive trips or dive charters nearby. I've only got the basic gear but I plan to atleast get my own wet suit. When the Georgia Aquarium opens up here, I'm going to be a volunteer (going through training now) and get into their dive program. I beleive the Underwater world is just amazing and diving is one of the best things I've ever done in my life.

Hi there and welcome from Green island taiwan

I'm a new member too and have to say this is a great website .

best of luck

eddie
www.greenislanddiving.com

I think you're gonna love hanging out here, and us you!! :14:

:cowboy2:don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

welcome to diving! Sounds like your already having a good time.

P.S. the Georgia Aquarium hasn't gotten back to me on my volunteer application yet :(

Back
Top Bottom