new on Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well, as the title says, I am new to your board. I am 17 years old and have been diving for 2 years. I have been skin diving(snorkelling) all my life. I spent a fair bit of time diving in Whiteshell Provincial Park Manitoba in West Hawk Lake with a neighbour. here is a site on the lake.
http://www.manunderwater.com/dive_pac/westhawklake.html
Last summer I decided to get trained officiallythrough a local dive shop called ocean sports.
www.oceansports.ca
I took my Open water certification here in edmonton with my dad and did the open water dives in the beautiful mountain lakes of jasper. I have dove in Lake Edith, Lake Annette, and patricia lake up there. Quite high altitudes make for unique dive chart situations. I went for 3 dives 1 1/2 years ago while in hawaii. this year I am heading back to hawaii in february with my family to do more diving(8 dives at least), and will be doing more diving over the summer in Jasper and Whiteshell Provincial Park. In mid July I am taking my Advanced diving with deep diver specialty in jasper, and hopefully(bank account allowing) I will take a rescue diver course in August. Who knows, maybe a trip to the west coast.

Outside of diving I am a student. I am taking pre-vetrinary courses. I am active in the equine field and am a competitive swimmer and waterpolo player.

that pretty much sums me up. Will post some pics in a while. I am looking forward to getting back to hawaii and swimming once again with the fishes and honu's. At last there I wont have to wear 9mm wet suits, hoods, mitts, boots, etc just to get in the water!

Welcome to the board, horsey (you said you like horseback riding)

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Happy New Year and welcome from New Brunswick.

Eat my Bubbles:
I took my Open water certification here in edmonton with my dad and did the open water dives in the beautiful mountain lakes of jasper. I have dove in Lake Edith, Lake Annette, and patricia lake up there.

If you have the chance, I would highly recommend that you go to Lake Minnewanka, near Banff. When I lived in Calgary, that was our regular bubbling ground. If you can hike over the causeway with your gear on your back, you'll be able to dive on the old dam. Otherwise, you can get some neat wall diving starting from the beach near the picnic area. Mind you, that wall dive is nothing compared to what I now get in the Bay of Funday; then again, you don't have to plan for tides at Minnewanka. :D

Also, try to plan a trip to Waterton. I did dive the wreck of paddlewheeler "Gertrude" near the Prince of Wales hotel, and there's some neat wall dives all around the lake.

Lastly, there are various forums on Canada.

-André in Fredericton

Welcome to SB EMB! Yeh, Hawaii does sound good!

Rap

I've in Fort Lauderdale today - been driving and diving the Overseas Hiway from Key Largo to Key West with some others from ScubaBoard.com for the last week, but wanted to say "hi there. :D

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom