New English Diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starstruck*

Reaction score
Hello all, i can't remember introducing myself formaly in a thread like this one so here goes.

As the titles says i am from England. Since a young age i have always wanted to be a marine biologist, and as my education goes on i still want to be involved in the underwater world. I am 16 years old and currently in my first year of college and go by the name Patrick.

I have been wanting to SCUBA for a good while now and i was able to try a dive last may. When i did, i realised how much i loved the sport, however, when i did the try a dive, my dad also did it with me. maybe this wasnt such a good idea because my dad was first off the boat, when he went in the reg fell out his mouth and mask came up. he also was holding the deflating button and so nearly sunk - instructor had to dive in. So from this i was put off for about 10 seconds then i was fine, and enjoyed the experience. When i came out of the water i realised how much i love the hidden world and why i do. I hope to return to the south west coast of ireland in may again, to do a OW course as there is no diving places of interest near me unfortunately.

See you all soon
-Pat :greenange

A warm Scuaba Board welcome to you Patrick from the chilly waters of Washington State, USA.

SB is a great place to hear a cross section of information from a diverse member base.

Best of luck and have fun!

Welcome to Scubaboard! We need more European divers present here to compensate for the sky high Chevy-factor! :D

I just like to say "Hi!" to ever new member who comes thru here, so - "Howdy there...!!"

PM me if I can help you find your way here...

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board. I hope your dad is still diving... Something like that can scare a new diver away....

It has lol, when we return, he is deciding to give it a miss. which is quite a sham actualy, because he mentioned that when he becamse comfortable in the water he was realy enjoying himself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom