Newbie from MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antietam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
greetings from Washington county Maryland. Have done several resort dives in the Bahamas and Mexico. Decided it was finally time to step up to the plate. My wife and I started our certification classes this Saturday. Looking forward to all the information available through this board and its members

Welcome Antietam! Love the name. I'm a big Civil War buff. Should those from the south call you Sharpsburg?

Glad to see you've join!

yes they should-and with pride!!. my property actually backs up to Antietam creek about 1 mile downstream from Burnside Bridge. you guessed it Sharpsburg is my home.

Antietam:
yes they should-and with pride!!. my property actually backs up to Antietam creek about 1 mile downstream from Burnside Bridge. you guessed it Sharpsburg is my home.

That's very cool! I've never actually visited the battlefield, but most certainly will at some point in time in the future.

I know its hard during the holidays but if you get a chance the 2nd weekend in December they light 23,000 candles throughout a six mile course to represent the fallen soilders. it is very MOVING!!! look me up if your out this way

That does sound moving. Thanks for the information. I will certainly keep it in mind.

Hello Antietam from Maryland,

I'm from Pennsylvania, myself. (Your neighbor to the north!) I think it's great that you and your wife are taking your open water cert classes together. Have a great time! My husband is my dive buddy and we enjoy diving together when we have the time.

Cheers (or should I say "Slainte" since March 17th is days away?),
Trish

Hello Antietam,

My brother and I got certified in Hagerstown at the YMCA 31 years ago. It was the beginning of a very interesting journey. Welcome to the sport, it can change your life...

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Yeah, you can do a lot more with a real card - and perhaps learn what you survived with rental gear and resort dives. :11:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-019.gif

Back
Top Bottom