New member greeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonoma-Moto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone 👋
I just completed the board member sign up, and thought I would make an introduction.
My early dive experience was extensive military training, then lots of international "citizen" dives... That apparently now are considered "technical dives" (e. g. Multi stage deep dives in ship wrecks, dry suit dives, etc). So after completing Nitrox and Advanced certifications, I see that things have become much more conservative. Having had a long break in my diving (raising a few children tends to do that), I've reinvested in all new gear (Aqualung), and having dove in too many cold dives, I've decided to dive warm water from now on. (Ageing is not kind to dam cold temperatures).
Nice to have computer vs "charts and tables" (although more conservative on down time).
I've done several rescue dives, (not something I hope is needed in the future), and trained SAR and am presently a disaster response state planning leader with Team Rubicon.
Looking forward to reading and participating in current dive techniques and places on this site.
Cheers,
John 😎🤿

Welcome to the forum, i'm new myself. I've been reading about the upcoming Bonaire trip, you may want to check it out if you haven't already.

Very cool background. Glad to see you're getting back into the hobby, even if you choose to dive "conservatively" in "warm water" like many of us other old guys.

Welcome to the forum from a man who has chosen the warm water since youth. anything more than a three mil suit is out of the question. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom