Hello from South Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

l. a. lancer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello everyone , snapper tapper here on the alabama gulf coast watching the rain wash out another planned weekend of diving [hopefully I still remember how to swim]. anyway since I cant dive today I thought I would say hello.

l.a.lancer welcome here!! I hope you will be able to dive soon.

Welcome to the 'Board! You know you can always head east to the Florida panhandle when the weather blows you out. I did 3 dives today!

Welcome to the 'Board! You know you can always head east to the Florida panhandle when the weather blows you out. I did 3 dives today!

Thanks for the welcome. I actually spearfish a couple of times a month in the summer out of pensacola, but I dont' spring dive that much, Ive dove vortex about 4 times, thats where I took the Photo I use for my avatar.

Thank you for welcoming me Theunis. Which coast of South Africa do you dive the most, South Atlantic or the Indian ocean? Which coast has the best vis?

I am diving mostly in the Indian Ocean due to my holiday destinations!! And that is at the Natal South Coast on the Aliwal Shoal and Protea Banks. The vis really depends on current, etc, but normally it is great.

I have been diving in the Atlantic Ocean on the Cape coast at Hermanus and Hout Bay, etc. The vis also differs day to day.

In my opinion there is not a lot to choose between visibility quality in the Indian or Atlantic Oceans. Both these oceans have exellent diving venues. There is one difference though and that is the fact that the Indian Ocean is warmer than the Atlantic Ocean.

Hope this is helpful to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom