Seasickness and Stugeron (cinnarizine)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kris626

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi! I'm a fairly new diver and I struggle with some SERIOUS seasickness. I've been on boats pretty much all of my life, but as soon as the boat stops, I am insanely sick. While we were in the Bahamas, a dive shop owner suggested Stugeron. I've tried pretty much everything available (dramamine, bonine, scop patch...). Does anyone have any experience with Stugeron? I know it isn't available here, but I was hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks!

Hi! I'm a fairly new diver and I struggle with some SERIOUS seasickness. I've been on boats pretty much all of my life, but as soon as the boat stops, I am insanely sick. While we were in the Bahamas, a dive shop owner suggested Stugeron. I've tried pretty much everything available (dramamine, bonine, scop patch...). Does anyone have any experience with Stugeron? I know it isn't available here, but I was hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks!

Hi Kris626, Welcome to the board. You might try posting your question on the Scuba Diving Central/Marine Science and Physiology/Diving Medicine forum. There seems to be some very knowledgeable folks replying to the threads posted there. Sounds like it's the surge that gets to you more than anything else. If this is the case, you will experience this under the water as well as above. Medicine alone may not be the answer. You may need to look at your habits before you dive; related to rest, sleep, eating, and drinking. Don't give up. You just need to figure out what works best for you. Good luck. :D

Thanks for the tip. I usually do well underwater as long as I'm down 10-15 feet or more. For now, the simple answer has been to just tell the DM what the deal is and roll off the side of the boat as soon as it is moored. It has worked well for single tank dives and dives where we change locations during the surface interval, but it would never work for anything more. I'll take your suggestion and try the diving medicine forum.

Back
Top Bottom