Info on Roatan Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwa

New
Reaction score
just was looking for anyone who can give me info on Diving in Roatan, We have been there several times years ago but then the fish started to disapear and things were not so good. But that was over 10 years ago. Is it better now??
Thanks M

just was looking for anyone who can give me info on Diving in Roatan, We have been there several times years ago but then the fish started to disapear and things were not so good. But that was over 10 years ago. Is it better now??
Thanks M
The last time I went I didn't get to dive. Please make sure that you don't rent a scooter. It might end your vacation badly. Spoken from experience.

Welcome to the baord

I was there in February 2008 on a cruise ship, did 2 very nice dives. Not sure how it would compare with years ago but the water was clear and there were plenty of fish. Mind you not millions, but lots to see. Of course that was Feb 08.

Visit the Carribean section on this forum for more detailed local information.

welcome aboard

Hi M, sadly the coral there has taken a beating in some spots, against the desire of the locals development was increasing when I was last there about 3yrs ago but many good spots still available. Sueno del Mar was the dive shop I used not sure if there still around or under same management but they were great back then. I personally prefer Utila much smaller/exotic, great spots... Have a great time...

Thanks M

Which side did you dive over 10 years ago??...We bought a house in '94 there & had no problems as you described----in fact the opposite from what you said is why we bought......Just sold it in fact week--->other couple in with us wanted out & after over 30 trips there, wife & I decided to 'move on'.........----just curious where you were talking about......btw, we were on the northside, 2 miles east of ARK on the water(Sandy Bay)........

Hello and welcome to scuba board. Welcome to the family,glad to see you found us. ~~~Babe~~~

We were on a cruise and did two dives with AKR. We loved it, thought it was beautiful and am going back for a week in June. You will enjoy it.... have fun

Back
Top Bottom