Long time lurker here introducing myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm a long time lurker here, been diving since I was in college (decades), and this board has been an amazing source of info for me for techniques, gear, etc. Decided to finally post a response in a Garmin Mk3i thread and realized I'd never posted before (the stat said I had 1 post) so I'm introducing myself. I'm not an expert diver, not even close and I let years lapse at times between diving. My 13 y.o. son wanted to become certified since he was 8, so 3 years ago he turned 10 and got certified, since then he's been my diving buddy. (Way easier to dive more when I have a dive buddy, and since my wife is afraid to scuba dive I have great big gaps in my dives at times - doesn't help that I have a lot of other hobbies I pursue in my travels including big game fishing, hunting, motorcycle riding, etc.). Anyway with my son certified I definitely have been diving more these days as I have a dive buddy I know and trust.

I also have two kids who learned to dive at 10yo. I dont' consider them buddies but rather mobile gas sources

Welcome to the forums! My son and I got certified together when he was 13, and it's been great to learn and explore together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom