Tobermory Ontario summer trip advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Glad I found this sight..need your expertise. We would like to go to Tobermory, Ontario a weekend during the summer but not sure where to start. My usbandis the only one with certification that is going. Adult kids love snorkeling - wetsuit rental costs??? I love boating, snorkeling and all water sports including, island hopping and seeing nature My husband loves diving. Looking for an economical as possible vacation. Does anyone suggest air conditioned accomodations, best beaches/swimming must sees, snorkeling, boating and diving rental places adn costs we should expect, restaurants, evening entertainment..anything you can recommend and share your experiences and photos would be really appreciated Thanks!

Tobermory is a small town with several dive shops within a stones throw of each other. All good shops. Try diversden.ca for prices and dive charters. Give them a call.
Several shipwrecks easily visited with snorkel gear such as the sweepstakes (the deck is only a few feet below the surface). Ask at the shop but you may be able to get on a dive boat and snorkel some shallow wrecks while your husband dives.
Great hiking on the Bruce Trail.
Rent kayaks or sit on top kayaks and float around on the clear cold water.
Hike to "the caves" then snorkel, swim and picnic there. Great half day adventure.
It's a rugged area. Beaches are rugged and rocky / cliffs etc. There may be a sandy beach somewhere but I've not seen one.
Boat tour / picnic / snorkel flowerpot island.
Summer weekends are very busy so book in advance.
Beautiful place and lots to do.
Have fun
C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom