Hello from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckless1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

My name is Peter and I just signed up for the board yesterday. I just returned from Key Largo where I did my PADI AOW and Nitrox certs, and am hoping to go back in early May.

I'm interested in eventually getting into technical diving and becoming a divemaster or instructor, if for no other reason than personal satisfaction. I'm completely hooked and look forward to diving for years to come.

If anyone is from Chicago and would like to meet and/or go diving, please let me know!

--Peter

Welcome to the board! I just signed on myself, and I'm not certified yet (soon)... but I'm hoping to do some local diving this summer. Looks like there's a number of Chicago locals around, we should be able to do some meet-ups.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of us Chicagoans on here. We usually hang out in the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew sub-forum. We post a lot of diving opportunities there. I'm always up for a dive or two or three. I pretty much dive every weekend. Hope to see you at the quarries or on a dive boat in Lake Michigan.

YES! There are a lot of Chicago area divers on this board. There are local dive clubs. Some are through local dive shops, and some are on-line, I'll PM you one group.
Welcome aboard!

Hi and welcome to the board. There are a lot of Chicago area divers here. Like Duane said hope to see you at the quarries or on the lake.

wow there are a lot of chicagoland divers...you'd think this was a big city with a large body of water :) hehe <<<< :dork2: but seriously...i'm not certified yet (next month glee...), but can't wait to dive the area :)...welcome to the board, I've been lurking here for a while and I've learned more and generated more questions than the folks at my dive shop care to hear about :) hehe

*Sean slips back into the shadows from whence he came* you didn't see anything... :crafty:

Sean :dork2:

Welcome to the board Peter. You and all the other Chicagoan's should make a trip up here to Milwaukee this weekend for the Ghost Ships Festival. It's not too far and it's always a good time. You can find more info here: Ghost Ships Festival 2009 | Milwaukee, WI

WW

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. So far I've been going over the treasure-trove of information on this board and there seems to be a ton.

I did join the CSM so hopefully I will meet some of you soon. Also, if all goes according to plan I'll be diving the Straits of Mackinac on April 25th...

--Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom