Thanks for the scubaboard stickers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Out

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I now have one rocking on my bumper. :rocker: On behalf of Subtropic I'd like to thank the owner of SB for diving with us,
and leaving the cool stickers.

-Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Brian,
My friends and I (and Netdoc, the owner, too) had an absolute blast diving the Vandenberg on Sunday. Randy and Bond were great guides, showing us all the cool details, including coins (ask them about this). It was a morning of dive pro camaraderie and story telling. It was a treat to meet and be driven by Capt. Joe Weatherby, who headed the project of sinking the Vandenberg. We entrusted our lives to the man responsible for sinking so many ships. :rofl3::rofl3:
We look forward to getting back there again soon!

PS Welcome to Scubaboard.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a lurker for a while, just don't post much.
You were quite lucky to get to go out with Capt. Weatherby. He's kind of an icon here in Key West.

I would have been out there diving with you guys had Joe not gotten another instructor and I a gig teaching 4 famous girls how to dive. That Saturday we took the girls to the Magruder, the Mel Fisher salvage boat that's moored over the site where the mother-load of the Atocha was found (35 miles west of Key West). The whole experience was filmed for a Reality TV series. It's just a pilot at this point, but if it get's picked up by a Network I'll make sure to post a link. The girls were some of the most challenging students I've ever had to teach. 2 were Paris Hilton types from the UK, famous socialites / model / actresses. One was a Billboard singer (she was probably the brightest of the bunch).

Anyways were it not for Joe I never would have gotten the opportunity to dive such a historically amazing site. Meeting members of the Fisher family and the other modern day treasure hunters working for the Mel Fisher group was an added bonus.

Hopefully I'll see ya next time your in Key West!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom