Southern Ontario/ new Rec diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey All

Currently surrounded by fresh water in the Great Lakes. Calling Niagara Falls my home.
I recently got the Florida Keys this past fall, and absolutely fell in love with SCUBA. even though I had a bad first dive. ( had to get on the boat, due to equalization issues that would not clear), I was back in the water for my second attempt at the North Dry Rocks, off Key Largo, and had a glorious dive. I even put up with a crappy rental mask, combined with my ever present mustache, I had a half full mask, when i came back to surface, and yet I still loved it. I have been obsessed every since, reading, watching videos, spending hours and hours researching gear.

a little about me..

I turn 40 very soon, and have booked a trip to Cozumel to enjoy a "summer birthday" for once. I will also be doing my first dives as a certified OW diver there too. I am super excited about that. I am an avid photographer, but I do not feel it is safe for me to be concentrating on pictures while I am trying to get comfortable in a new surrounding, and especially because I need to get a certain confidence in my surroundings, not be worried about "is that fish in focus"?. So for the mean time, I will have to enjoy your pictures, you folks have graciously shared.
I am a gear-head. When I take an interest in something, I will keep upgrading my gear, and rarely start at entry level stuff. I look for the best and then try to find more and more. So as my new passion builds so will my gear room ( i have a dedicated room in the house, that I keep all my sporting gear..ie tents, snowshoes, bikes, survival gear...etc etc. That being said, it probably wont be long before you start seeing reviews on stuff. I am normally very active on review sites, and do not hesitate to tell you what I think about something.

So, I am looking forward to getting to know some of you. And hopefully meeting some of you on a dive, either in Lake Erie, Tobermory, Algonquin or Killarney Provincial Parks, Lake Ontario, or the Niagara River... maybe even down south with the clear blue bad tasting water.

Congratulations! Welcome to the sport and the site as well! Hope you enjoy every minute underwater, and continually upgrade your knowledge base as well as your gear!! I'm another Canuck who is stuck back in the Great White North for the moment, but I do NOT, unfortunately, share you passion for this cold water diving stuff. Normally you'll find me in the Cayaman Island which is where I work and play ... Hopefully I'll be back there soon - so you'll have to come for a dive when you tire of looking at Walleye and trout!!! :)

See you underwater!!

Welcome to SB. Which side of the river are you on?
Hey sir, I am on the Canadian side, I live pretty close to the recovery divers station on the very fast part of the Niagara River, thanks for the welcome

Congratulations! Welcome to the sport and the site as well! Hope you enjoy every minute underwater, and continually upgrade your knowledge base as well as your gear!! I'm another Canuck who is stuck back in the Great White North for the moment, but I do NOT, unfortunately, share you passion for this cold water diving stuff. Normally you'll find me in the Cayaman Island which is where I work and play ... Hopefully I'll be back there soon - so you'll have to come for a dive when you tire of looking at Walleye and trout!!! :)

See you underwater!!
Hey Apertyx, I am a little jealous of your warm water diving. My goal now, is to get AOW with a NAUI Cave/ Cavern endorsement, there are way too many underwater places I want to see, but caves, seem to be the coolest.
Thanks for the welcome

Yeah I think so, at least the BLDG is still there. I stopped eating Chinese food when I discovered Thai and Vietnamese fare. I am hoping to get a drift dive past there this spring or summer on the Niagara River

Back
Top Bottom