New here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello. So I am new to the forum. Just want to say 'HI'. Been diving for years. Unfortunately I am land locked in New Mexico. But once a year I travel to the ocean, generally stay for a month. Dive as much as I can. Recently got my granddaughter certified. Was very unhappy with the instruction or lack of. I was taught by a navy seal, it was boot camp. But his lessons have saved my life. So this year the kid is getting boot camp from us. Taking her to the Big Island for 5 weeks. Good old shore diving, learn bouyancy control, mask removal, buddy breathing, and anything else we can teach. She is certified open water, so don't jump on me. We (husband and I) just want her to be a good diver. To be able to handle situations as they arise. Anyone that has been diving for a while will tell you that the unpredictable does happen and you can not panic, your life depends on it.

I will be asking for advice on an octo for her. A good one that will last. Like most divers I bought my stuff years ago and take care of it (poisidon). Haven't had to buy an octo set up for years. Things have changed and gotten better. We have no dive shops here so I will need help in figuring out what to buy her. Personally I dive deep. Would like equipment that can handle it. Thanks for any advice. So thats me, Deb

Welcome to the board Deb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom