Back in the BCD...and for good this time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim R Alcoser JR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just introducing myself. Hi everyone!

I am starting my PADI certification with my orientation starting on May 2nd, then doing a quick all day, 4 day, 2 weekend course to certification through Sports Chalet.

I assumed an all in one course may not be the best for complete new starts, but decided it was best because I have experience in Scuba Diving.

I did an open water course at my college, passed the course with a "B" and did 3 ocean dives. The only thing that prevented me from receiving NAUI card was the fact I didn't complete the 2 more required dives.

I remember almost everything pretty well, but since this was in Winter 2010, I have decided repeating everything would be in my best interest.

I hope to learn and stay on top, and set a goal of going diving at bare minimum, multiple times a year.

I want to work up towards solo dives, but ONLY in shallow areas such as Catalina's Dive Park or Stingray City in the Bahamas. But that is much farther down the line. I hope to find dive partners or groups to go with until then. I feel safer in groups for sure. I don't plan on in the near or far feature doing any technical diving such as deep water or caves. Not my cup of tea. But maybe that's the young diver talking here.

And speaking of Catalina, it's practically a sin to live so close to so much open water and not take advantage of it. The only negatives I see is I have some anxiety related to military service that I am still working with, but my previous dives have been successful and I anticipate few to no problems.

In any case, glad to be a part of this community! I'll be calling the "new Jack" section of the forums home for awhile.

Welcome! Definitely can't hurt to go through the course again...there is a great network of experienced divers in the area who will be glad to take you out, and plenty of spots to see! I would look at some of the dive clubs, there are some really active ones in the area. Have fun!

Welcome to the 'board and back into the under water world!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here: SoCal

Hope to see you in the water someday soon:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom