New here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akaj9

New
Reaction score
Hi I'm Janine, I'm new here on the forum and also to all things snorkeling and such. We really just do very little, maybe once a year or so. We do have a boat and live in central FL. so we could be persuaded to get more involved :) I want to buy a descent mask this time for vacation.....any suggestions what I should look for or definately stay away from? We used inexpensive US Diver in the past...and were very unhappy. My husband wants something decent and...well...he's got a large nose...so suggestions would be appreciated...also for the kids....Thanks for taking the time to respond....j9

Welcome, Janine! I also started with mask from US Divers (a snorkel kit). Definitely not optimal, especially since I need an Rx mask. Setting that issue aside, the best thing for you to do is to visit a local dive shop (LDS, in ScubaBoard-speak) and try some. What works for one person's face, will not always work for another. A number of manufacturers are now making different sized masks for different sized faces. My wife and I have Mares X-Visions, for example, with the new improved skirt (forgot what they call it, Liquidskin?). They come in regular sizes and those for smaller faces (ie, my pig face and then my wife's normal face). Anyway, go to a shop and they will be glad to help you; the right one is the one that is the most comfortable. Happy Diving!

Back
Top Bottom