Greetings from Atlanta!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverJohnATL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone, John here. New to the board just saying hello. :) Lots of good information here. Just a little info on me. Got my PADI OW back in 1997 when I was 16 but wasn't able to do much diving with all the "growing up" I had to do. You know college...puberty....job.... Now however that I'm supposedly an adult at the age of 32 it's time to go do more diving. After getting my AOW in Hawaii this past July it really got me wanting to go diving more. Just signed up for my first liveaboard for this coming up August down in the Bahamas. Going on the Blackbeard cruise with the local dive shop. Don't know anyone and don't mind "roughing" it. I just want to get a diving! Experience more and more. I really like Ocean diving. Would eventually be great to meet a dive buddy. :) Have a desire to try "cave" diving. Love caves on land and can only imagine how amazing they are underwater. Really enjoyed my single night dive....I didn't want it to end and can not wait to do it again in the very near future. I think wrecks are freaking awesome. Getting to free dive on the wrecks in Aruba I wanted to be able to stay under so much longer and explore it to a greater extent. I have an interest in diving medicine working in Pulmonology/Critical Care I'm kind of fond of the lungs. :)

Looking forward to "meeting" all you wonderful folks!

John

Welcome!!! I am an ex Atlanta area diver myself. I know a bunch of excellent cave instructors in that area if you are interested.

I am new as well! Live aboards are the best! Talk about getting spoiled, that is the best way to rough it! LOL I am land locked myself, I am going to FL in a few weeks! I work for an airline for a very good reason! Have a great day! Joann

Welcome!!! I am an ex Atlanta area diver myself. I know a bunch of excellent cave instructors in that area if you are interested.

Hey James! Yeah would like to learn more about who's good here in the area. I'm assuming there are some great cave choices around here with how many there are in the Northern part of the state. I came from AL (Bham) a few months ago to ATL so still learning the area. :)

I am new as well! Live aboards are the best! Talk about getting spoiled, that is the best way to rough it! LOL I am land locked myself, I am going to FL in a few weeks! I work for an airline for a very good reason! Have a great day! Joann

I'm super excited about my liveaboard. I grew up doing all sorts of camping as a kid growing up in Alaska really roughing it out in the middle of the tundra. I've read lots of stuff about the Blackbeard liveaboard being "bare bones" but I gotta say I think it's going to be amazing to leave all technology behind and just have this amazing water and air and folks around. Have you ever done the Blackbeard Liveaboard? The Airfare was stupid cheap to get to the bahamas. I couldn't believe it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom