Hi all, new Diver looking for some fun in June!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All

My friend would not shut up about this awesome SCUBA thing she does all the time, teaching people how to dive and things like that... anyway to get her to close her trap I let her instruct me in the NAUI OW and holy **** it is super fun!

I'm Australian and studying in Austin, TX right now. I have between June 1st-17th open before I head home and want to get some awesome diving in before I go home. I've looked at liveaboards in Belize... Not sure if I can throw down $4k+ for a week, including flights, liveaboard and getting around though.

I'm going to be continuing looking for options but any suggestions would be most welcome!

i would suggest heading down here to south florida for some awesome diving. there are tons of wrecks from jupiter down to key west and lots of nightlife. decent hotels can be found close to the boats. would be a cheaper option -- and could also consider Wookie's liveaboard in key west - the M/V Spree.

Check with the Fling also, they leave out of Freeport, TX. Fling Charters

It looks like they have two open booking trips the 6th and 13th of June. (2 day trips) Contact them for available space - they're a pretty popular charter.

Flower Garden Banks is about the best regional diving you'll find. http://flowergarden.noaa.gov/

About a 4hr. drive from Austin IIRC.

Hmm thanks guys. I've been looking into around Florida and the Bahamas as they're a bit closer. I figure I'll look at liveaboards as it would be nice to have that access to sites, as well as amenities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom