Greetings from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fasteddie128

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Long time water dweller although somewhat new to scuba. Before my hiatus I use to snorkle and freedive the shallows, and liked jet skiing but life took me out of the water for a while as I went to college, had kids, worked for a while, then went back to school and re certified. A particular job prospect required scuba so I decided it was a good excuse to get back in the water. Well after training I was hooked and plan to bring my degree and new joy together as a side job and devoted hobby ( I went to school for digital media creation and film ).

I have been diving Blue Heron Bridge pretty much every weekend for the last two months and did my first drift dives off Jupiter last weekend. I can't believe I have been in Florida so long and never got into full on scuba. Just wanted to say hi. I have been reading this forum for months but decided it was time for the first post.

Welcome! I do BHB as often as I can (1-2 times a month). I'm also a new diver. Have you done your Nitrox and AOW yet? If you're going to do drift diving from Jupiter, Nitrox is a must. I just finished my AOW this last weekend.

Have you done a night dive at BHB yet? That's a lot of fun. Send me a PM and we can try to coordinate a dive some time.

Welcome! I do BHB as often as I can (1-2 times a month). I'm also a new diver. Have you done your Nitrox and AOW yet? If you're going to do drift diving from Jupiter, Nitrox is a must. I just finished my AOW this last weekend.

Have you done a night dive at BHB yet? That's a lot of fun. Send me a PM and we can try to coordinate a dive some time.

I am nitrox certified, and will be getting my AOW soon, most likely this month. I was supposed to do a night dive at BHB last saterday but it was canceled due to all the rain (visibility is terrible). I was very disappointed. I ended up playing in a pool sunday and put on a reg and tank for a while to scratch the itch lol.

hi fasteddie128. I'm here on the Treasure Coast and try to dive at least once a week (if i'm not traveling and weather permitting). We have a pretty active group of divers (Vero Beach Scuba Club....look for us on Facebook) and we do a lot of beach dives from Sebastian to Fort Pierce.

I am nitrox certified, and will be getting my AOW soon, most likely this month. I was supposed to do a night dive at BHB last saterday but it was canceled due to all the rain (visibility is terrible). I was very disappointed. I ended up playing in a pool sunday and put on a reg and tank for a while to scratch the itch lol.

Sweet, then you're set. Who are you doing your classes with?

hi fasteddie128. I'm here on the Treasure Coast and try to dive at least once a week (if i'm not traveling and weather permitting). We have a pretty active group of divers (Vero Beach Scuba Club....look for us on Facebook) and we do a lot of beach dives from Sebastian to Fort Pierce.
That sounds pretty cool, I like shore dives. I have all my own gear including tanks so its nice to be able to go dive for the cost of a air fill and gas for the car. I like boat diving too but that can be costly.

Sweet, then you're set. Who are you doing your classes with?
I will be doing my classes with Stuart Scuba. I live in Stuart, Fl as well (noticed your location).

I will be doing my classes with Stuart Scuba. I live in Stuart, Fl as well (noticed your location).

Good deal. Lets hit up the bridge some time. I haven't dove with the Stuart Scuba guys yet, though I have bought some accessories (and went to lunch at Jersey Mikes today). They charge to go night diving with them at BHB and there are a couple of shops near the bridge that do the night dives for free (Pur Vida and Force-E)

Calendar of Events

Discover Florida Scuba Diving :: Pura Vida Divers

Be sure to watch the BHB thread for vis updates and events.

Sounds good. Ive been following the BHB thread, seems like a good place to keep track of conditions and see cool photos. Good to know that force-e does some night dives, I like their shop. They got me in and out in a hurry when I needed some defog one day and it got me into the park before parking was closed for a while. I like Stuart Scuba, they have been nice. I kind of like going to dive stores now. Although if I am not careful it can get expensive lol. I'll have to check out Pura Vida sometime.
Looks like weather permitting I will be going on a night dive with some group on June 22nd lol.

Back
Top Bottom