Hello from Buckeye Country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buckeyediver

Reaction score
Ohio Diver here just joining the board for fun. Watching this board for 4 months is like going to the park and not getting to play. So here I am! Well I'm not a very advance diver but coming to this board has really opened my eyes to the diving community.

I started with my OW last year, in-class in Columbus and did the check-out dives at Ocean Frontiers in Grand Cayman. Not a bad place to start and it sure beats the OH quarries! Well I loved it so much that I'm going back at the end of May. The wife doesn't dive so anyone going is welcome to buddy-up ahead of time if they will be in GC.

Started out sailing (Interlakes, lasers) as a child and I've always loved the water. Never could understand seasickness because it has never been a problem, so I really feel bad for those people that get a light stomach on water. To me rocking on a boat is one of the best feelings in the world.

I do support my LDS, however since I'm in Columbus COVCI could be considered an LDS. Because of this board Chris is outfitting me w/ a BP&W config. Can't wait! I've heard so many great things about them that I had to give them a try.

Not that anyone really cares but I'm also a Lacrosse coach for Upper Arlington HS. It's a fun sport and helps deco the time between dive trips.
Can't think of much else, oh well! Ask me anything!

Welcome to the board. I'm located way up in the northwest corner of our state---only 40 min. from Gilboa quarry--eat your heart out! Since you're a school teacher,(I'm a retired high school teacher,wrestling and football coach) perhaps you can get away during the summer and come on up during the week (mon-thrus.) and I'll give you a tour if you've never been there. The weekends there are crazy---fun, but crazy---wall to wall divers. Again, welcome and keep on postin'

Barracuda2

Welcome aboard....

Tell Chris to call me damnit...:D

Hey wow, I just joined too, and already another fellow Ohioan. This gonna be fun! Glad to meet you, sir. :)

cheers

Billy S.

Barracuda-anytime, I'm actually a network engineer and do the LAX thing in the evenings but I'm always up for a dive during the week! I'll take you up on that this summer.

Big-t- I guess he's been in and out a lot lately and more importantly he's been waiting on several delayed shipments. I talked to him today and he's got a laundry list of poeple to call once they are in. Expect a call in the near, because he's rarely ever not called me back unless it's something stupid like shipment delays.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

Great Intro, but - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a greenhorn?!

:D

Buckeyediver:
Barracuda-anytime, I'm actually a network engineer and do the LAX thing in the evenings but I'm always up for a dive during the week! I'll take you up on that this summer.

Big-t- I guess he's been in and out a lot lately and more importantly he's been waiting on several delayed shipments. I talked to him today and he's got a laundry list of poeple to call once they are in. Expect a call in the near, because he's rarely ever not called me back unless it's something stupid like shipment delays.
I'm aware...I was just razzing him if he's reading this thread...hence the smiley:D

Thanks Dandy, I've read a few of your posts over the last few weeks. I enjoy them thouroghly! It's a fun diving community here and it will be cool to meet some of you some day.

One question, why do so many people have those silhouette's in their handle? I've never seen that before and it's quite common on here.

Back
Top Bottom