New to forum & trying to replace/find a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterdog0

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new here, just signed in today. Been diving for 13 years, have a few specialties & certifications, but generally the ordinary diver.

Trying to find a wetsuit w/the following features:

Jumpsuit
Front zip
stretch
titanium*
glide skin OR a reversible suit**
Any color I want

*Titanium - have heard everything from "titanium makes no difference to wetsuit warmth" to "I love the stuff". Any comments on your experience with titanium? How do you like it?

**Harvey's USED TO make reversible suits, they won't now. I already asked (begged was more like it). Would take a reversible over the glideskin, especially since there's so many delamination problems with the glideskin.

Thought I found my suit with Action Plus (Nano Tech suit), but they are currently having problems with delamination of their glideskin and don't seem to be able to resolve it. They've been working on it since last January.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've been on the hunt for about a year now and can't find what I want.

My old suit is quite holey and is pretty cold, help!

Amy J.

waterdog0:
Hello All,

I'm new here, just signed in today. Been diving for 13 years, have a few specialties & certifications, but generally the ordinary diver.

Trying to find a wetsuit w/the following features:

Jumpsuit
Front zip
stretch
titanium*
glide skin OR a reversible suit**
Any color I want

*Titanium - have heard everything from "titanium makes no difference to wetsuit warmth" to "I love the stuff". Any comments on your experience with titanium? How do you like it?

**Harvey's USED TO make reversible suits, they won't now. I already asked (begged was more like it). Would take a reversible over the glideskin, especially since there's so many delamination problems with the glideskin.

Thought I found my suit with Action Plus (Nano Tech suit), but they are currently having problems with delamination of their glideskin and don't seem to be able to resolve it. They've been working on it since last January.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've been on the hunt for about a year now and can't find what I want.

My old suit is quite holey and is pretty cold, help!

Amy J.

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

Heya and welcome to the Board! This a great place to hang out during a SI. You’ll meet tons of new friends and dive buddies right here! This place has a wealth of knowledge to offer divers of any level.
Best wishes !

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

You may want to check into a custom suit. Then you can get exactly what you want. There are some great custom suits out there for about $500. It's hard to make a recommendation since we don't know where you are diving. The choices in Florida would be very different than in Alaska.

Also, I'd go with Scott's suggestion and take a look at the Exposure Suits forum.

Don't forget to fill out your profile, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Well, this thread may get moved to Exposure suits anyway?

But Howdy!

Welcome to SB. Hope to get to know you around the fourms.

You know, that front zip part is going to be tough. I've seen ery few.

But stay in touch. Om me if I an help further.

don

Guess I'll answer the question then..........Search for Triple L on this board, best price on wetsuits in the world.

http://store.triple-l.biz/

PS. Sometimes the mods delete my posts to URL's.

Welcome to the board. Sorry, I don't know much about wetsuits, wish I could help. If you have any other questions PM me.

Welcome to the board - it's a fun place.

My personal experiences w/ those titanium lined suits was not the greatest - I had the Scubpro 7mm S-Tek Steamer w/ a Silver-Skin lining. I found it made the inside of the suit very weak and it tore A LOT. I think there is more aqua seal in it now than neoprene.

Of course, I only use it in the pool or salt water now since AD (after-drysuit).

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

I really can't help you on the suit problem, but Scott already pointed you in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom