New from Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downdeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nice to meet everyone. With the remnants of Ivan bearing down on us here in Tennessee there will be no quarry diving this weekend. We'll just jump in from the front porch.

What is the news on Cozumel? My first visit is scheduled for October 30th.

Please wish the Volunteers luck this weekend in the big game at home against Florida (albeit sloppy).

Be safe.

From another Volunteer to you, GO VOLS!!!

If you ever find yourself over in Nashville and need someone to dive with, drop me a PM...

And, Welcome to ScubaBoard!!!

Randy Cain

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Yeah! What Scott said!

I'm glad that you are only having to deal with remnants of Ivan. I can't imagine having to go through the full force of one of those things! I'll stick with my earthquakes. They're usually over in less than a minute.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest and best. But watch our for Ivan, and he's not finished killing. Flooding is the biggest threat to life in hurricanes.

Hope to get to know you around the forums. Please do complete your Profile - and seperately, your Dive Info, for future discussions. PM me if I can help with something.

don :shades:

Hi downdeep, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome to the Board! :balloon

Hi I am from TN too

GO VOLS!

sincerely
Bridget

Heya and welcome to the Board!!!! You know it's bad when the swimming pools are starting to look like the perfect dive spot... :D

Cheers,
Vickie

Hey Y'all,

I'm from Memphis. Is there any good places to dive in West/Middle TN? I was down in Huntsville last week at the quarry and the viz was about 5 ft. Where do you all dive?

GO TIGERS!

There is an old rock quarry off I-75 at the Philadelphia exit. It's about 30 miles outside Knoxville. Most of us did our open water checkouts there. Vis on a good day is about 25 feet and about 6 inches on a bad day. That's why I get to the ocean every chance I get.

My parents live in Dyersburg. I will be headed that way in 4 weeks.

Thanks for writing.

Back
Top Bottom