A newbie diver out of water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Short introduction: A 28-year old Finn currently working in Kabul, Afghanistan and desperately looking for even a small pond to dive into. Even though it's the "rainy" season here no chance of swimming anywhere, let alone diving.

I took PADI Open Water Diver course last March in Phuket, Thailand and the next step is Advanced Open Water Diver in Fujairah, UAE in the beginning of January. I hope to avoid this time the ear inflammation I got last time (first time in about 20 years) and look forward to gaining some more experience in scuba diving in the near future.

I would appreciate any hints on what diving company to use in Fujairah and where to dive.

:azvatar: Hello there Juho, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
Take care. :japanese:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Juho, I can feel your separation pain. I certified in late August and went diving again in October. Now it is cold and I am having separation anxiety as well. Not being a dry suit diver yet is taking its toll on me. I longing look forward to the spring and being able to return to the water. In the meantime I work on skills at my LDS pool and scour every article I can to keep my needs at bay.

Welcome to the board and I wish you a quick return without the problem (of course).

Enjoy
Brian

Heya and welcome to the Board! I can imagine how terrible it must be to not have a place to dive, thank goddness you found ScubaBoard, it's the next best thing!

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Good luck in your quest to fiind diving!
I was just setting up a course for Rescue Diver and my buddy pulled up with an inner ear Barotrauma, no class for at least a month! And my schedule probably won't allow it for more than two months.
EARS!!! There has to be a better way to hear.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom