woo hoo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sololady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

Finally got around to filling out a profile so I thought I'd just drop in and say Howdy!

sololady:
Hi all

Finally got around to filling out a profile so I thought I'd just drop in and say Howdy!

Sololady, welcome to SB! BTW, that is a cool profile picture you've posted.

Mel

Howdy and welcome to SB.com! :)

"Gulf Coast" narrows it down to a few states, and I'm sure we have a local dive club forum for you. Check here: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs> North America> United States

You're also welcome in the Singles forum, as it's more about being buddyless. PM me if I can help you learn to navigate the board here. :wink:

have fun, don :cowboy:

Howdy DD

I have already checked you out a little. You're that guy who keeps leaving the barbed wire fence down between the north pole and my home town of Sweetwater. Shame on you!

Now-a-days I hail from Baton Rouge and dive mostly Florida. I hope someday soon to sashe on over to Flower Gardens and Stetsen Banks there off the shores of our great state of Texas.

How many of us old fogies do we have on this board? I notice there is no forum for the over-the-hill bunch...let's see....what could we be called? Grams and Gramps of the deep? naaaaa

sololady:
Howdy DD

I have already checked you out a little. You're that guy who keeps leaving the barbed wire fence down between the north pole and my home town of Sweetwater. Shame on you!
Nope! I have never left a fence or gate down in my life; I was raised better by a 5th generation Texan, cowboy, Marine. :11:

I've never done the Flower Garden trips. I'd have to fly to Houston and drive down anyway, and the weather & conditions so iffy - I just fly to Florida, Calf, etc. Got a Singles group going to Utila is a couple of months, which you may have already noticed. I'm often the oldest in the group, but I know one lady in the group is just a tad younger - the one from Louisianan I think, and we just had another Texas fellow just a tad older sign on. Indeed, we're almost full, but have room for one (1) female (where is that symbol?) more. Got a hunch you'd be fun to dive with, and these are not match making groups, altho some folks still get around to that. :D

I does sound like fun, but my passport expired years ago. I'm afraid it might take too long to get it renewed. I know I have to do it...pretty soon we won't even be able to get back from Mexico without one! I'll look into it. I had a little house fire and have been in construction all spring. I am sure ready to get wet again!

Doc Intrepid:
Glad you could make it. Welcome to the board. :)

Hope you enjoy the place, and don't let the signal-to-noise ratio get you down!

Dive safe,

Doc

ok Doc

That took me just a little effort to figure out...but I get it now. Signal-to-noise ratio kapeesh...sabe'...(can't spell in either language). Anyway, thanks. I was never a submariner, so you got one on me there. Were you ever a trucker?

Hi sololady, My name is Matt. I’d like to welcome you to Scuba Board! It’s a really nice place for divers to meet other divers. Take care and Safe Diving. :scubadive

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

Back
Top Bottom